I Have No Beef With Olamide – 9ice

Singer 9ice, has opened up on his career,
relationship with former label mate,
Olamide and producer, ID Cabasa.
Speaking with Saturday Beats, 9ice talked
about his hit song Gongo Aso revealing he
never knew it would be that successful.
In his words:
¤
“Although people believe that ‘Gongo Aso’
is my best album, to me, my album,
‘Tradition,’ still remains my best album in
terms of content and lyrics. What you
believe would sell might not sell but it does
not mean that it is not good. I never knew
‘Gongo Aso’ would be a successful album.
In fact, that was not even the title of the
album. The initial title of the album was
‘My dictionary, your diary’; but when the
song became very popular, ID Cabassa
suggested that we make the song the title of
the album. The song, ‘Gongo Aso’ was not
supposed to be part of the album. I had
finished recording the album when the song
came to me and Cabassa said we should
destroy all the promo copies we had made
and promote the song. We promoted it and
the song went viral. It was never planned.”
On his plans to bring home the Gramy as
stated in his Street Credibility track, he said:
¤
“I am still working on bringing the Grammy
to Nigeria. Abraham Lincoln tried several
times before he became the president of the
US while Buhari tried about four times
before he became president. As long as I am
still doing music, I can still get the
Grammy.”
On his relationship with Olamide and ID
Cabasa:
¤
“There is no issue between myself” Olamide
and Reminisce. The reason I was not at one
of Olamide’s concerts was because I was
not in the country and that was the same
reason I missed Reminisce album listening
party. During the last Sallah, I was at
Reminisce’ house and that was where I ate
Sallah meat. It is just that our schedules are
tighter now. I was on Olamide’s first album
and he was on my last album. I have so
many songs with Olamide that are yet to be
released. I also feature in about four songs
with Reminisce that have not yet been
released. I am on his recent album. The only
album Reminisce has pushed out and I was
not there was ‘Baba Afusat’ and that is
because I travelled out of the country. I have
been on all his albums. It is just that I have a
busy schedule now. Imagine if we want to
have a Code Tunes concert as big as all its
artistes are now; don’t you think it will be a
big budget that would require lots of time to
take Olamide out of his terrain, it has to be
worth it for him to come and participate.
Those are some of the factors. It is not as if
someone is fighting or angry with anybody.
There is nothing like that,” 9ice said.

Tweet @Am_Lastborn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dangote moves from 76th to 43rd richest man in the world..*shai*