NOLLYWOOD ACTRESS SENT TO KIRIKRI PRISION

Nollywood actress,Yetunde Akilapa, was on Thursday sent to Kirikiri Prison, Apapa, Lagos for allegedly being in possession of 100 master keys. Miss Akilapa was on Wednesday
detained at the Alade Divisional
Police headquarters in Somolu,
Lagos following a complaint
lodged by a complainant,
accusing the actress of stealing the 100 master keys found on
her. According to a statement
written by her at the police
headquarters, it was not the
first time the suspect would be
accused of stealing. She said: “There was a day she
came home to see my relative
and when I opened her bag after
she went to the toilet I found a
phone that was later found to
have been stolen. We seized the phone from her and returned it
to the owner despite her
denying that she did not steal
the phone.” When the case came up at the
Magistrate’s Court in Somolu on
Thursday, the police prosecutor,
Inspector Anyanwu, told the
court that Miss Akilapa was
arrested by a mob that accused her of conspiracy and stealing of
bunches of keys. The offence, according to the
prosecutor, is punishable under
section 383, 516 and 517 criminal
code of Lagos state. In her response to the charge
during the court session, the
accused, who claimed to be
trained by popular actor Abbey
Lanre, said: “I have featured in
about five films including Aiyelaba. “I produced Bunmi Akata which I
use a bunch of 100 keys to act. I
am also a makeup artist. “On the day I was arrested, a
woman named Mama Ayoola,
called me and said that I should
bring weaveon for her. I did not
know Mama Ayoola was not living
at that compound. When I got there, I asked a girl about Mama
Ayoola and she directed me to
knock on the next door. “ An Igbo man peeped from the
door and said Mama Ayo was not
living there. And as I was about
going out, the mob pounced on
me, searched my bags and found
the hundred keys with the weaveon. They later handed me
over to the policemen at Alade
Divisional headquarters.” The accused pleaded not guilty
to the charges and the
magistrate, Justice Mrs. E.A.
Adekomaya, granted her bail in
the sum of N14,000 with two
sureties who must own a landed property in Lagos, with evidence
of paying tax to Lagos state
government. The case was adjourned till 12
March, 2013, while the
defendant was moved to Kirikiri
prison in Apapa, Lagos pending
when she could perfect her bail
conditions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dangote moves from 76th to 43rd richest man in the world..*shai*